Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Burlap Wedding Shower Cookies

The theme for Chris and Sasha's upcoming wedding is burlap and burgandy, so I was asked to make the wedding shower cookies to match that theme.  I decided to try a technique I had read about to make a burlap look on the cookies and I am thrilled with how it turned out.  Here is how I created the burlap effect and how the cookies turned out.


After flooding the cookie in white royal icing that I allowed to dry for a few hours, I covered the cookie with cheesecloth that I stretched in an embroidery hoop.  Then I used my airbrush and sprayed it with brown.


I love the effect!  Now I had a burlap background for the rest of the design.


Sparkly diamond rings were one of the designs I put on the burlap background.


Wishing Chris and Sasha a happy life.


And a wonderful wedding day in October!

1 comment: